PSU Good/Bad List

Discussion in 'Computer Cases, Power Supplies and Cooling' started by ceewi1, Jul 8, 2007.

1. jimkonow

jimkonow New Member

ive had the same antec 350 watt PSU for many years, running it 24/7.
    its gotta die sometime soon

2. PC eye

PC eye banned

Eventually all of them have to take a permanent vacation at some point! :p

It doesn't really matter what make or model while some are going to hang on far longer just by how well they were made along with how they are used.

3. Computer_Freak

Computer_Freak Active Member

Hunkey any good?

4. DirtyD86

DirtyD86 banned

just got an antec earthwatts 500 the other day... runs the system in my sig without any problems. reliable, quiet, etc... definitely a quality PSU

5. PC eye

PC eye banned

I ran Antecs for a number of years without seeing any problems. Presently they are no longer being made by Channelwell however. Now you see larger 850w TP3 models out while the old TP2s saw 550w as the largest.

6. Shane

Shane Super Moderator Staff Member

nice to see Gigabyte is in the good list :)

they are good quiet psus ;)

7. PC eye

PC eye banned

The OCZ model used here is quiet. So were the Antec models used on other cases. It mainly depends on the quality of the fan(s) used in the supply itself. You can see the best transformer and caps but end up with a noisey fan or have a super quiet fan on a crap supply. Generally you hope for the best of both! :p

8. ceewi1

ceewi1 VIP Member

Depends a bit on the model, not something I'd be inclined to put in either list.

9. PC eye

PC eye banned

Not being familiar with that brand name it sounds like an off brand if not generic brand. I can see why ceewi1 would be a little hesitant to add that name in there.

10. Ramodkk

Ramodkk VIP Member

Well, my Rosewill RD500 550W has served me well for a bunch of time now, running system in my sig. Just thought I'll let you guys know that Rosewill's are getting better. ;)

11. PC eye

PC eye banned

One good supply does not make any brand better. You can also find some llloooowww ender cheapies that may last for a long time too. That doesn''t make them a brand to recommend however for that alone.

12. Remeniz

Remeniz New Member

Any ratings for the Be Quiet! PSU's?

13. Aastii

Aastii VIP Member

The Dark Power Pro units are exceptionally good, the Straightpower aren't as good as the Darkpower, but still very good units, you will just be seeing slightly higher voltage fluctuations and less efficiency with them

14. JareeB

JareeB Active Member

rosewill? why is that not in the bad

15. Drenlin

Drenlin Active Member

Because not all of their PSU's are bad. The Xtreme series and Green series ones in particular are actually pretty decent.

16. JLuchinski

JLuchinski Well-Known Member

How about PC Power And Cooling turbo cool series? I'm looking at a used 1000 watt for $75.

17. Drenlin

Drenlin Active Member

AFAIK The Turbo Cool line is built by Wintact, and is high quality. I you're cool with having a used one, that's a pretty good deal. Those were really expensive when new.

18. gamerwithoutrig

gamerwithoutrig New Member

Well, NZXT HALE 90 got 80+ Gold, I dunno if that's good?

19. WeatherMan

WeatherMan Active Member

I'm surprised Tagan hasn't been mentioned yet?

20. Troncoso

Troncoso VIP Member