PSU Problem?

sokol

Yesterday I was playing CSGO when all of a sudden my PC restarted and my SSD wouldn't boot. I checked the connection turned the PC back on and I heard a beep and it restarted twice before turning off. I then breadboarded the PC by just having (CPU, HS, HSF, and Ram) connected to MOBO and now it won't power on (even-thought both led light glow on the MOBO). Is my PSU not providing enough wattage to power just those elements?

The PSU is Xigmatek NRP-MC651.

I tried using the paperclip jumper method to see if it would power my 2 fans and it did that.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You can try a different power supply and see. Otherwise it sounds like you may have a short somewhere. Did you just recently build this pc?

sokol

My PC is old built it back in 08, the only thing I changed was the video card. I only have a 300 watt PSU in my other HP PC which doesn't have 8pin for the motherboard it only has the 4pin. I'll try it, hopefully it will power it up since I only have 1 module of Ram and CPU/HSF.

sokol

I really don't know what the heck going on. I just put in a working module of ram into my the other PC to see if it would boot up but it didn't, when I went to put the stick back into the working PC the PC wouldn't post anything on my monitor. Is it possible that the other PC fried the module of RAM.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It's possible. Do you have a system speaker in the system? You would hear beeps of some kind to let you know that there was a problem with the ram.

sokol

It doesn't want to boot up, the led lights on the mobo are lit but nothing happens. On monday I will order a PSU tester and I'll go from there.

sokol

Looks like it was the CPU and RAM, PSU and MOBO seem to be working fine. I'm gonna order E5440 or X5460 Xenon and some new ram and leave it at that.