Pulling my hair all day

I been at trying to fix my computer all day. The problem is that when either my computer loads windows it will restart without a warning when the "please wait" text comes out, or it will restart without warning as im putting in my password, or after logging into windows it will load and work for a few seconds or it will load and restart with no warning. The last thing the computer did was install a windows update which was this morning before i went to sleep. Ever since it did this I can no longer use the computer because I cant use windows normally without starting in safe mode. It was working fine all day Saturday before this update installation.

I have tried restoring which successfully worked the first time which was a saved one from last week. It worked fine until i turned off the computer and restarted it and it went back to the same issue. Tried restoring again and the restore point I used before but it was no longer there and the only two that were there were before the update installed and one from earlier today which I didnt see any point in trying to restore from that one since i cant use my computer. I also tried error checking the disk which said it fixed something, I tried repairing from the windows cd, i tried repairing the start up, and I've done a few other things that im too frustrated to remember. Reformating in my absolute final option but id rather not since i have a lot of important stuff to me.

Im running windows 7, 16gb ram, 2 1tb hdds, gtx 760, amd fx 6300, asus motherboard.

I can provide more info if needed.

Roll back as in restoring it? If so I've done that a few times with no luck, it just restarts or sometimes it wont even load windows, it just loops back to when the motherboard name comes out telling me to press delete or f8 to enter the bios.

So i said F it ill reformat. Saved what i wanted and did it in hopes it would fix it. I tried doing a clean install to win10 but as it was installing windows after the first restart it restarted while installing it and said there was an unexpected restart cannot install. So I deleted the partition a second time and reinstalled win7 for hopes and nothing. At one point after reinstalling win7 and it asking me to create a password, the computer got stuck in a infinite restart loop for about 4 minutes without me even doing anything cause it wouldnt let me. So I have come to believe that its not a software issue anymore and that now it's a hardware issue. Yesterday, i took everything out, unplugged and switched cables and replugged everything, and I thought that did the trick but it didnt. My two friends have been trying their best to help me so one of them recommended I test a single ram stick at a time in each slot to see if any of the ram is failing, or I suggested that it might be the hdd thats failing? Or even the psu which I just had rma'd not even 3 weeks ago due to the last one making super loud noises. I even read some where that the mobo might be going. At this point now I been looking to build a new computer and not deal with it anymore but still waiting for price drops. Could it just be time to start looking in investing on a new build?

_Pete_

It does now look as if it's hardware related. Generally, but by no means always, rebooting during installation of the OS can be down to a bad hard drive. I would take everything non-essential out. Just run with the absolute basics connected to your mother board and see if everything installs then. If you can also try another hard drive.

2048Megabytes

If you have to replace your computer I hope you do not have to end up with a Windows 10 computer. I just built another Linux Mint version 18.3 computer with Windows 7. I am dual booting on two separate hard drives.

_Pete_

If you have to replace your computer I hope you do not have to end up with a Windows 10 computer. I just built another Linux Mint version 18.3 computer with Windows 7. I am dual booting on two separate hard drives.

Lets hope he is a geek then if you are advising him to use Linux.