Purchasing Help

Explode_ADX

I am looking to buy a Laptop Computer and I would like to have something with basically these same specs or Better I configured this on the Hp Pavillion zd8000 but they do not ship to Canada and I am having trouble finding something like this in the same price range that will ship to Canada

$2,200 Canadian before taxes

Operating System Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Home Edition with SP2

Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 630 w/HT Technology, 3.0GHz

Display 17.0" WXGA+ BrightView Wide Viewing (1440x900)

Memory 1.0GB DDR2 SDRAM, 533MHz (2x512MB)

Hard Drive 80 GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive

Primary CD/DVD Drive LightScribe 8x DVD+/-RW&CD-RW Combo w/Double Layer

Graphics Card 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) X600

Networking 54g(TM) Integ. Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN & Bluetooth
Primary Battery Extra 12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

Productivity Software Microsoft(R) Works/Money

HP extended service plans 3-year HP Express Repair extended service plan

Best value starter kits HP Student Accessory Bundle
(includes carrying case backpack Mouse and a few other accessories)

I also have a question about the Pentium M vs the Pentium 4 and I was wondering why the Pentium M clock speeds were much lower than the P4. Is it because the L2 cache increases the speed that the Pentium M works at becasue it keeps the Chip cooler allowing it stay at a constant speed?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

Explode_ADX

I need something that can be Shipped to Canada or can be purchased in Canada that is one problem with buying what I want.

Explode_ADX

If the Canadian HP site was anything like the American site I would be fine but I am left with no customization options and much higher pricing on the same products. The Hp Pavillion zd8000 was starting at 1090 last time I looked and with all the customization to make it good only made it a bit over $2300 Can I can't find what I want anywhere online which is why I would like some help from someone who has been buying or searching for a laptop longer than me.

alanuofm

VIP Member
go with dell. the pentium M is based off the pentium 3 architecture. pentium M's adjust their cpu speed during usage to extend battery life. example: if you are running ms office there is no need to be running at 2.0 ghz. it downclocks the processor to 300 mhz. i would go with pentium M. that laptop you have there probably has a 1.5 hour battery life and will heat up pretty bad. might as well get a desktop.

look into the inspiron 600m. my sister just got one for 824$ american and it runs counter strike with 230-250 fps with the radeon 9000 64mb video card. i love her computer. i have an inspiron 9100 with 2.8 ghz w/ HT, 512 pc3200 dual channel, radeon 9700, and i get 1 hour 15 minutes of battery life when just surfing the net. i am jealous of hers :(

Explode_ADX

Thanks for the suggestion and I dont believe I will have a big battery life problem because I plan on getting an extra battery and I usually like to hook up to an outlet. Gaming is something I would like to do with my Laptop so this is good news. I just wish dell had as much customization options as its desktops