Purple lines on Lenovo legiony y540

TomGeneral

Laptop desktop looks like this. It disappears when I shut down. It pops out on black sides of screen. Please help
811440.jpg

How new is it?
The gpu might be dead outright, if it's under warranty I'd send it back
A few lenovo legion owners' have had the problem before, if the gpu really is dead then there's not much that can be done since it's soldered on
You can try running it on integrated graphics if your laptop supports it
I don't know your specific bios but if you go into your bios on startup (hitting delete key until it pops up) there should be a setting that lets you choose your graphics options
In my old laptop it was called "hybrid mode" but your's might be called something else

TomGeneral

How new is it?
The gpu might be dead outright, if it's under warranty I'd send it back
A few lenovo legion owners' have had the problem before, if the gpu really is dead then there's not much that can be done since it's soldered on
You can try running it on integrated graphics if your laptop supports it
I don't know your specific bios but if you go into your bios on startup (hitting delete key until it pops up) there should be a setting that lets you choose your graphics options
In my old laptop it was called "hybrid mode" but your's might be called something else
I turned on the hybrid mode in lenovo vantage and it disappeared. Thanks, but I have a question for how long is it for? And my computer is almost 2 years old, so the warranty is available to August month.

I turned on the hybrid mode in lenovo vantage and it disappeared. Thanks, but I have a question for how long is it for? And my computer is almost 2 years old, so the warranty is available to August month.
Warrentywise you'll have to contact lenovo or review the terms of the sale from when you originally bought the product
I think if you go to their site with the serial number you can look it up that way
If you havn't already try reinstalling your gpu drivers, you might get lucky with that if it's only a driver issue
I think it's a hardware problem though since sadly you're not the only one with this kind of problem
Lenovo must not have been putting these things together correctly in the past year/two