Push-Pull CM Hyper 212 Evo OEM fans

Jiniix

I have an unused CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo and an extra OEM fan lying around from a previous build.

• Would I see a significant temperature drop if I use both fans in push-pull? (Most likely i7-2600k @ 4.4-4.6GHz, so medium overclocked settings)
  • Is it correctly understood that the fans would run at slower RPM, thus being quieter?

The fans are 4-pin PWM fans, and I'm thinking specifically about using them on an ASRock Z75 Pro3. It has a 4-pin CPU fan and an extra 3-pin. I'm assuming that has a positive effect when it comes to moderating RPM vs temperature.

Last edited:

AlienMenace

I have mine in a push pull also. But my cpu is stock speed. With my case fans and cpu fans. normal temps at 29c cpu, 25c MB. Idles at 25c. cpu

Jiniix

Thanks for the link, Benny. Newegg is useless in Denmark tho, and the motherboard natively supports dual fan setups (the 3-pin secondary just behaves the same as the 4-pin (you can plug a 4-pin into the 3-pin)).

Jiniix

I don't need anything, I just wanted to know if it was worth setting up, or if the difference would be less than 1 degree and the noise the same.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I don't need anything, I just wanted to know if it was worth setting up, or if the difference would be less than 1 degree and the noise the same.

It isn't worth it I think, it would give you maybe 4-5 max.
It has just one block, if he had 2, another fan should be worth it.