Put a part list together for me to build for my sister.

ReMiXeDg

Hi there.

So my sister is in need of a new desktop.

She wants something small thst she can do small games on and mainly for watching / streaming videos. Doing college work and just basic web site browsing.

Our budget is arpundits $350 that's excluding keyboard mouse and a monitor. Anyways I want to be able to use a small compact case nothing to big.

Thanks much appreciated looking forward in seeing what I'm getting my hands into. Last time I had someone put a parts list for me together the rig turned out to be a beast :) hope it happens again

Shlouski

VIP Member
Hi there.

So my sister is in need of a new desktop.

She wants something small thst she can do small games on and mainly for watching / streaming videos. Doing college work and just basic web site browsing.

Our budget is arpundits $350 that's excluding keyboard mouse and a monitor. Anyways I want to be able to use a small compact case nothing to big.

Thanks much appreciated looking forward in seeing what I'm getting my hands into. Last time I had someone put a parts list for me together the rig turned out to be a beast :) hope it happens again

I busy at the moment, but if nobody replies to this by the time I get home then I will spend some time putting a build together for you.
Also where do you live and where are you willing to buy from?

Well looking at past posts I guess you are in the US.

Now this is the first build, which uses an APU and no dedicated graphics card.
I started out by trying to save as much money as I could by selecting the cheapest case, which has USB3 on the front and by selecting a 320gb HDD, which is the cheapest per gigabyte. For the apu I went with the AMD A10 5800k, this is because AMD have much better performing IGP's, not including the HD530 on the new Intel skylake cpu's, which are out of are budget on this build anyway. I went for the 5800k over other AMD APU's because of price, its significantly cheaper and still performs well, here's a link to give you an idea what APU's are capable of: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7963/...iew-core-i7-4790-i5-4690-and-i3-4360-tested/7
The benefit of buying this APU is that it is also a strong cpu for its price, even faster than Intel's in the same price range. You also have the option of buying a dedicated GPU at a later date if required and the PSU I've selected should be able of handling an additional lower powered GPU. I originally choose different ram, psu and motherboard, because they were cheaper then they were on their own, but after a long search through the combo discounts I was able to save 38 dollars on similar or better components. It also comes with windows 10 64bit for your OS.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/N4btZL

I will do a second build with a cpu and dedicated gpu. You can then compare the two and decide whether to go with an APU build and add a GPU later if needed or a CPU/GPU build.

Last edited: