Hey all, I'm lookin for some help puttin together a new pc for a friend of mine. He will use it for web browsing, and some light gaming like WoW. I
m thinking that i can re-use the cd drives, RAM and maybe the HDD? I'll have to double check but i think that the hard drive he has is a SATA drive.
So what I'm looking for is a CPU, GPU, Mobo, PSU, a cheap case, and a Hard drive if i shouldnt be re-using the old one.
this is the RAM he has:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231018
He has two other 512 sticks of ddr2 that came with his desktop that he could reuse, just to keep costs down.
He already has a copy of 32-bit xp, so he's just going to use that for the time being.
Hopin to keep it under $400, closer to $350 if possible.
Thanks in advance.
Also, ordering from Newegg.
m thinking that i can re-use the cd drives, RAM and maybe the HDD? I'll have to double check but i think that the hard drive he has is a SATA drive.
So what I'm looking for is a CPU, GPU, Mobo, PSU, a cheap case, and a Hard drive if i shouldnt be re-using the old one.
this is the RAM he has:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231018
He has two other 512 sticks of ddr2 that came with his desktop that he could reuse, just to keep costs down.
He already has a copy of 32-bit xp, so he's just going to use that for the time being.
Hopin to keep it under $400, closer to $350 if possible.
Thanks in advance.
Also, ordering from Newegg.