Putting everything together..

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Computer shutting down, means its overheating. What are you using for a cpu cooler now? You may have damaged the cpu by running it without a cooler.

Zusy

Computer shutting down, means its overheating. What are you using for a cpu cooler now? You may have damaged the cpu by running it without a cooler.

Im using Phanteks PH-TC14PE now and it as working well, with temp around 30 celsius when playing a game. Im pretty sure its not because of overheating..

Ive checked the GPU and PSU and they are working. How do i know if the CPU or the Motherboard is the problem? The problem is it wont start up at all..

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Does the cpu fan spin? Did you put in the correct amount of standoffs between motherboard and case?

Zusy

Does the cpu fan spin? Did you put in the correct amount of standoffs between motherboard and case?

No signs of life except power button on the board, no fans spinning. I put standoffs where i am supposed to. The CPU and cooling was working well before this happened, no signs of damage..

Also, could it be the RAM?

And i just remembered: yesterday the computer froze two times and did not respond at all when i was playing a game and watching a movie. Also the audio froze. I did some research and thought it was maybe Win 8 having problems with running things in fullscreen (others had same problem). But i see now it could be a sign thst things were getting worse? Or it couldve been something else not related to the problem now..

Last edited: