putting more RAM into a laptop

kitmk

how easy is it too upgrade the RAM of a laptop with these specs: (i dunno if the spec makes any difference)

- Athlon Turion 64 Mobile 1.8Ghz
- 512KB L2 Cache
- 15.4" WXGA Widescreen Panel (1024x768)
- 512MB DDR PC2700 DDR333 Memory
- NVIDIA GeForce GO 7300 256MB Turbo Cache Graphics Accelerator
- 80GB IDE 4200 rpm Hard Drive
- Internal 8x DVD+/-RW Drive
- Intel ProWireless 802.11b/g Wireless LAN
- Integrated Camera
- Integrated Speakers
- Bag/Case Included
- Microsoft WIndows XP Home SP2 Edition Installed and supplied
- Weight including battery - 2.85kg
- Dimensions - 354 x 35.2 x 284 (WxHxD)
- 2yr Asus collect & return warranty (Call 0870 120 8340 for Support and RMA request)

also what type of RAM should i use (i want 1gb in one stick for under 50-60£)

if you could give me a link that would be even better and i am in uk so somewhere that ships there would be good too
cheers

suprasteve

upgrading your ram may be as simple as unscrewing a screw or twqo on the bottom, removing a protective door, and plugging another into place. If all your slots are taken you will need to pull an old one to put the new one in. As far as what to get, just get DDR PC2700 DDR333 like you have (make sure it's laptop and not desktop memory), I'd suggest from a well-established company like kingston or corsair. You can get a different speed (DDRXXX) but it will only run as fast as the slowest ram, so if you get slower your system slows and if you get faster you're wasting money. If you have the model number of the laptop, someone on here might have the same or a similar one and can give you more detailed instructions about getting to your ram