Putting OS on a new Hard Drive.

rabhimself

Ok so here's the deal I have a desktop that I had built for me three or four years ago. It has an Abit SG-80 motherboard, a 3.06ghz Intel Celeron 4 processor, a 1gig stick of 3200 DDR and a dieing 220 gig partitioned hard drive( 20gig for the os and 200gig for the rest). I am using this tower for a home server right now to keep media and run the X10 in my house. Right now the computer is realllllly slow. I have been told that the reason the computer is making noise when I ask it to do something is because the hard drive is dieing. I would like to try and make the computer fast again. ether way I have bought a new 73GB, 15,000rpm Seagate hard drive and would like to move the OS to this hard drive. and get a 2tb for the media the problem is I don't have the original disks. my question is can I make new disks and move the OS to my new Seagate.

thanks for the help~
Raab tha noob-

Mr soft

can I just clone the OS I don't want to pull any other data from the old HD other than the OS

Yes . Just have a good read of the tutorial before.

You cant squeeze 220g on to a 73g drive, but you can expand 20g to a 73g partition no problem.