[Q] ophcrack help

Status
Not open for further replies.

steineronie

hi, i just installed ophcrack to find my lost password on my window 7 starter netbook. i dontknow if i downloaded the right file or if it will even work since i downloaded it to a usb flash drive because netbooks dont have cd rom's. could some one help me please, i dont want to hurt the computer at all. thank you.

claptonman

I'm going to help a little, not all the way. I am not sure if this is against the rules or not. Usually people use that to break into other people's laptop.

What kind of file did you download?

ayan

You need to make sure that you make the usb bootable, and the file you put on it is the same version as the windows (x64 or x86) . It might not work.My roommate forgot his password just after he changed it, and i used ophack, recovered what seemed to be like 3 different user accounts, but none worked. Eventual -and here's the alternative- we inserted an windows installation disk, and during the installation, it offered us the option to restore the windows to a previous state - we chose a state with the old password, and it worked like a charm .
good luck.

NyxCharon

Ophcrack is used to retrieve passwords, which by the rules regardless if it is your account or not is not allowed to be discussed on the forum. No one here is supposed to help you, look elsewhere.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The best thing to do would be to google "offline windows password".

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.