Quad 7900's?

Ryu Hitokiri

What does it mean if someone has "Quad 7900's"? Does it mean that have a Motherboard with 4 PCI Express x16 and 4 7900's in each running in SLi?

Thanks,
Ryu Hitokiri

Archangel

VIP Member
Quad SLI means two 7950GX2 in SLI.

You just need a motherboard with 2 PCI Express x16.

Only 2 7950GT2X can be a quad SLI setup?
1136904116.jpg

Gigabyte GA-8N SLI Quad Royal

its the only Quad-SLI motherboard wich i know off tough.. :eek:

Grey410

Oh My stars and garters!

1136904116.jpg

Holy..... Poop....!!!! That's just.... awesome....awesomely overkill until 2007-2008 when that will be old news =) :eek: :eek: :eek:

Archangel

VIP Member
yup... and then considering my system is already imbalanced. (its quite heavy on grafics compared to the CPU ) so i cant even immagine how imbalanced this must be.. =]

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Holy..... Poop....!!!! That's just.... awesome....awesomely overkill until 2007-2008 when that will be old news =) :eek: :eek: :eek:

I wonder how hot they would all get together like that?:D

Wow some serius power there:D

maroon1

1136904116.jpg

This picture is old, and I don't think that this was released on market.

As I know to have quad-SLi you need to have two 7950GX2 or 7900GX2.
7950GX2 or 7900GX2 has two GPU and when you SLI them you will have 4 GPU.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
1136904116.jpg

Yes as far as I know you can only have 2 7950GX2's in a quad setup. there are not any drivers written as far as I know that would allow you to have more. I could be wrong. Also I think a board like the one pictured is next to impossible to find... Correct me if I'm wrong.

I consider it "old" news today... You can run quade with 2 cards now, "7950GX2's" ;).

Last edited:

Archangel

VIP Member
no... i never said you could run 8 GPU's in a system.. i just said 2 7950GT2X's in SLI isnt the only way to get quad SLI :)

you are right about not getting further than 4 GPU's.. the NVidia drivers dont support more.

and yes... i deleted a post... i made a quick replie,.. but then i took a look again on the side, and found i could place it a bit more subtile.. sorry about that :eek: didnt think anyone would notice.

Edit... and now i see why you're confused.. damn, that was a fast replie.. my post was only there for 3 seconds.. =o

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I see now... It looked as from your first post with the picture that you where implying that perhaps up to 4 of these "7950GTX2's" would work on that board. I'm sure if you re-read the way the begining was worded that you might see how I thought that. Or maybe I have been looking at my computer screen too long :p.

Yes there are other ways to have a quad setup I agree.

Edit... and now i see why you're confused.. damn, that was a fast replie.. my post was only there for 3 seconds.. =o

Yes I'm fast :).

Edit:

See here your comment "Only 2 7950GT2X can be a quad SLI setup?" which is placed above the picture... Sort of implies that you where saying more then two could be in a quad SLI setup. I'll just point out that the name of the card is "7950GTX2" and not "7950GT2X" :p.

and yes... i deleted a post... i made a quick replie,.. but then i took a look again on the side, and found i could place it a bit more subtile.. sorry about that :eek: didnt think anyone would notice.

No it was fine the way you previously posted it. I asked to be corrected and you did. I however knew about that board prior. All this was my mistake as I misunderstood you from the beginning. My bad... hope your not overly put out by my mistake :). It was just with the wording you used (again my bad).

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
I'm confused... did you delete a post? I'll look at that link thanks... So your telling me you can run 8 gpu's in a single system? I'll take a look at it.

I havent read your entire debate, but from the looks of it those motherboards can only accept single slotted GPU's, so 4x 7950GX2's would be out.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
[-0MEGA-];466055 said:
I havent read your entire debate, but from the looks of it those motherboards can only accept single slotted GPU's, so 4x 7950GX2's would be out.

You would do well reading the whole thing ;). There was a misunderstanding and I'm wrong. Yes I'm right about not being able to run 4 7950GX2's but it was never suggested you could. I misunderstood Archangel... it happens :p.

Edit:

Please send me Spam mails. I would like to train my Anti Spam programm.
Please send the Spam mails to

REPORTED

Last edited:

Ku-sama

banned
Yup, Ku-sama is right. :) (err... did i just say that? :p )

ouch.... lol

i cant remember where i read it, but nVidia said that they would NOT put into the makings of a driver to support Hex-SLI.... although if they were smart they would, as some king nothings out there would gobble it up and say that they are 31337 cause of their 8 GPU skillz, their 1500W PSU, and their 2.93GHz Celeron :p