Quality of digital onboard sound of 965P-S3

Bl00dFox

Hi

I am building a PC to use as a home theatre PC for my new 1080p projector. I plan to use the optical sound output from the 965P-S3 to my receiver. Here is a rough diagram of my setup:
hometheatrecopytw0.png

Anyway, can someone tell me how good the sound will be? Will it be perfect or do I need to buy a seperate sound card?

Thanks guys

PabloTeK

If you want good sound, get a Creative X-Fi sound card, to be honest the Realtek audio is very crackly under certain conditions.

PabloTeK

I think you just have to set what kind of speakers you have, the control panel should give you a set of options of what array to set up. For example I can set anything from 2.0 to 7.1, although alas unlike the Realtek it's not automatic.

Bl00dFox

I think you just have to set what kind of speakers you have, the control panel should give you a set of options of what array to set up. For example I can set anything from 2.0 to 7.1, although alas unlike the Realtek it's not automatic.

Thats ok, as long it can play 5.1ch audio from the DVD's that I watch on that PC... I can cant i?

I really appreciate your help GCR man, thanks a lot! Also, I cant seem to find that part on ebay... I live in Australia... Do you know what I can do?

Last edited: