Question about facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoftwareEng

So... I have someone I used to be friends with, I dealt with some inappropriate behaviour and deceit of hers. We still stayed friends bc but it was awkward and she was my only friend, probably wasn’t the best idea as I ended up getting hurt later.

Despite us being “best friends” in the past, I realised she lied about her having facebook (claiming she didn’t when she did), and when I politely confronted her she denied it despite me seeing when she joined. I’m not sure we were ever friends from the way she acted.

She added me years later after we parted ways and no longer saw each other... I am no longer comfortable being friends anymore, how can I decline without coming across rude?

My question is if you click ignore can the other person see you’ve declined? If yes, how would you react? I don’t want to message her or anything as I wouldn’t wanna hurt her feelings, she’s probably moved on with her life...

beers

Staff member
Why even bother to confront someone over something so minor?

Ignore just does what it says and ignores the request.

SoftwareEng

I did not say I want to confront her. It was not a minor thing, she was fairly mamipulative making me believe everyone else are lying to me (when she was), but the request caught me by surprise so... I don’t hate her but I do not want to be friends.

Would the person know they’re rejected if i ignore? i don’t want them to know

SoftwareEng

You indicated you already did a while ago, which is what I was referencing.

They'll know that you never accepted but it doesn't give them a notification.
No I mean I confronted her politely, by that I mean I asked her but she denied it. I trusted her at that time, that was when we were friends. Do you consider being lied to a minor thing if you’re friends ? I don’t

And ah thanks.

aldan

jesus,if i took offence every time i was lied to in my life,i would be a basket case.grow a pair and make a decision.

SoftwareEng

Unfriend and block. Done!!!
You seem transparent with someone if you do not want to be friends or you don’t like soomeone, i am not like that however. Seems aggressive to me. Would you block someone if they were a close friend you shared a lot with?

I want to be civil in person and not burn bridges, but dont want to be friends either or have connections online etc

beers

Staff member
Do you consider being lied to a minor thing if you’re friends
Eh it depends, from the description it sounds like you weren't sure if you were friends anyway.

Usually confrontation over such trivial things drives people away.

How exactly is this burning a bridge if this person provides zero value to you and you aren't interested in their friendship?

Decide what you want and do it, cease being a vagina.

Status
Not open for further replies.