Question about flash drives

PT99

I am looking at purchasing the Sandisk Extreme USB flash drive -

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-Flash-Drive-SDCZ80-064G-G46/dp/B00DZPUOUI

but according to a large number of the reviews it is incompatible with Windows and does not appear as a removable drive or vice versa. I don't fully understand this issue, is anyone familiar with it? I have Windows 7. Everything else I've read about the drive is excellent. Is there another USB flash drive you would recommend over it? I will be using it almost exclusively for storing and playing movies on my XBox. Thanks!

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
So if I understand that explanation correctly Sandisk has fixed this issue in recent production but I can't buy it through Amazon where it is significantly cheaper?
Not as of right now. Sounds like old inventory is still floating around.

PT99

Yeah you should be fine with Newegg for the sandisk.
Great, thank you. One last thing - do most flash drives have a light on the end, and is this a desirable/neat feature to have? Does it serve any purpose? Lastly, is 64 GB enough to store multiple 1080p BluRay rips?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Some do and some don't. It just shows if the drive is being read/written to.

As for Bluray rips, unless they're yours, that's piracy.

Darren

Staff member
Some do and some don't. It just shows if the drive is being read/written to.

As for Bluray rips, unless they're yours, that's piracy.

That's not really answering the question. What he does with the data he has is his business. He's not advocating or telling you how to pirate.

BluRay movies can vary a lot in size, but 5-10GB seems to be the norm. So 64/7.5 for example would get you about 8 movies or so.

PT99

That's not really answering the question. What he does with the data he has is his business. He's not advocating or telling you how to pirate.

BluRay movies can vary a lot in size, but 5-10GB seems to be the norm. So 64/7.5 for example would get you about 8 movies or so.
Great, thanks. Would you recommend 128 over 64 in that case, do you think I'll end up wanting more?

tremmor

depends on your budget. I have a 128 gig and works fine.
Mine also supports OTG (on the go). i plug into a cell phone
or tablet to upload or download. its usually to back up txt,
and pictures.

PT99

depends on your budget. I have a 128 gig and works fine.
Mine also supports OTG (on the go). i plug into a cell phone
or tablet to upload or download. its usually to back up txt,
and pictures.
I don't think they make the extreme in a 128 GB. Are there any other models you recommend besides the Kingston? Not a huge fan of the design, not to sound shallow lol.

beers

Staff member
I don't think they make the extreme in a 128 GB. Are there any other models you recommend besides the Kingston? Not a huge fan of the design, not to sound shallow lol.
Just search by capacity and USB 3, bruh