Question about the dron

_Glitch

You can expect a quadcopter like that to be easy to break and is not gonna fly very well. Also it's gonna preform poorly in wind. even somewhat low wind.
If you want a fun little toy, get something like a Hubsan X4. That's what got me into fpv drone racing.
It can fly both indoor and outdoor. It's gonna be a little more durable. And it's also an aggressive little bugger.

Agent Smith

What's your budget? Where do you live? In the U.S. you have to register with the FAA and you have to be within eye sight of the drone at all times.

AlienMenace

Well, in a way. I can see where the FAA was coming from. In (2016), Drones just exploded on the market. And almost anyone could fly them. And to a lot of people, they didn't use common sense on where to fly them. And then with the camera's on them made it a privacy issue to the neighbors. But to the R/C Aircraft community, it was a real pain. Especially for the Sailplane/Glider flyers. And I am one of them, I fly strictly Sailplanes/Gliders. When they put in the 400 feet rule. Which gave us a lot of grief till the AMA informed us that we can still fly above that. But flying the drones, you still had to abide to the 400 feet rule.

Agent Smith

I'm of the opinion that instead of the FAA in the Fed infinite knowledge. They should have mandated all drone manufactures program in the chip of the drone not to go to X and Y areas and only be programed to achieve a certain height. That seems the most prudent and makes sense. But given the Fed, they are ass backwards nine times out of ten.

Although, if I'm not mistaken. The GPS chip in newer drones now a days is indeed programed now to not go to areas of aerodomes, near the White House, etc, etc.

AlienMenace

What I get a kick from, is when someone that buys a indoor drone that has a "IF" controller think they can go out side with it. And wonder why they lost it somehow.
I have a cousin that gave his 10 yr old grandson a helicopter about 2 feet in length about 2 yrs ago. When he told me that, I about crapped. That is when I informed him about somethings about R/C. It was a 2.4 ghz system, so he can fly it outside. The kid was crashing in trees, bushes and it landed on the roof a few times. What my cousin didn't realize till I told him about it, that he would be responsible for any damages that the kid might have done to any people, homes and cars. He told he didn't think about that.

Agent Smith

It's fine to give a kid a RC aircraft, but at least have the sense to have him fly it at an open area. There are even small little airports for RC aircraft that you can go to. I've seen them on YouTube.

AlienMenace

I drive 35 miles for the club I belong to. They are closer ones to where I live, but they ask to much money for me to join. Except there is one about a 1 mile from me, reasonable price. But the field is to small for my sailplanes. And it is mostly helicopters fly there. So, I will not go there even. And you can't fly there anytime you like either, because of the soccer brats. When they play, the field is closed down.