Question - Connect 6 DVD drives and 10 internal SATA drives to one PC?

That dude is ignorant, he could have found software to make a virtual drive and make an .iso image, mount the image on the virtual drive, there you have a 'No-CD crack' which is perfectly legal.

Impulse666

The usb box is just a USB hub if you listen to him he explains why. The cable you speak of connects the hub to the motherboard, and the cables on the other side are the optical drives.

INTEL, if you have no budget and want a hands down monster computer, would you do any less? judging by the amount of disk spindles he has I'm sure he also does a lot of burning and recording, where the more drives you have the better.

The usb box is just a USB hub if you listen to him he explains why. The cable you speak of connects the hub to the motherboard, and the cables on the other side are the optical drives.

INTEL, if you have no budget and want a hands down monster computer, would you do any less? judging by the amount of disk spindles he has I'm sure he also does a lot of burning and recording, where the more drives you have the better.

I still wouldn't do that, I would be experimenting and focusing on my Gfx, CPU, and RAM. 10 Hdd's I can understand, RAID 0:cool:

Ryu Hitokiri

When you sayd the USB Hub on the motherboard you mean that 7 pin or whatever thing right? And those are IDE to USB cables I'm guessing?

Does he have a PCI Express SATA controller? I don't see it...

Impulse666

yep it looks like he used a bunch of these:
USB_to_IDE_Cable.jpg

at about 1:20 you can see the SATA cables running across the motherboard to the slots. he must have an add-on card in there somewhere. hard to see with two GTXs >_>

Ryu Hitokiri

yep it looks like he used a bunch of these:
USB_to_IDE_Cable.jpg

at about 1:20 you can see the SATA cables running across the motherboard to the slots. he must have an add-on card in there somewhere. hard to see with two GTXs >_>

But yeah, they plug into the inside of the case, not the outside. Now I'm really confused lol.

Now he has Ultra's lol.

Last edited:

Impulse666

remember that usb hub? thats just a plain 'ol usb hub that would normally sit on your desk. he just mounted it inside his case. the main usb cable connects to his motherboard's usb headers through a modified cable. shouldnt be too complicated. its not super special, its just mounted in the case.

Ryu Hitokiri

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was talking about SATA cables. I don't see the add on card because it would plug in on the back of the case right?

Impulse666

it would plug into a slot on the motherboard just like a graphics card, which is probably why we cant see it with his monster cards in the way.