WIndows 10 Question i set OS boot information on msconfig but when i turning on my laptop no data showing up

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You need to explain more in detail on whats going on. What you said means nothing just by context.

a.y.f

This option should define that when the computer is turned on, all the services and files that are loaded when Windows is started will be displayed.
In general - nothing is displayed, only Windows turns on and does not display any information about the files that are loaded at startup.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You do realize the only thing that is displayed there is what OS's are installed right? If you had a dual boot or triple boot system then every OS would be listed there. That is all that the boot section of msconfig is for, has nothing to do with what files are loading at bootup. If you want to see what apps are loading at bootup then you click on the startup tab.

Since I have a dual boot setup for windows 10 and windows 11 then this is what mine looks like.

boot.jpg

a.y.f

this from google.
“OS boot information” – this option should be used together with “No GUI Boot.” The usual Windows loading screen will get replaced with a black screen, displaying complete information about the drivers that are loaded during the startup process
I understood from this that it should show the files and services that are loaded when the computer is turned on.
If I misunderstood, I would appreciate it if you could explain it to me.

a.y.f

Thanks for the comment,
I think you misunderstood my question.
If I mark NO gui boot and OS boot information in MSCONFIG in the BOOT window, what it should do is when I turn on the computer until the computer user login window appears, information about the devices, files, and services that are activated at Windows startup should be displayed on the screen.
What happens - I turn on the computer and the computer is stuck on the logo of the computer company (asus) and after a few seconds it arrives at the login window with a password for my user without displaying any information about the devices, files and services that came up when booting Windows 10.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you go into the bios and disable oem logo at boot it may show you that information.

May I ask why you want to see this information?

beers

Staff member
without displaying any information about the devices, files and services that came up when booting Windows 10.
Dang I haven't seen that behavior since like Windows 2000, at least in a Microsoft environment. UEFI hides a lot of stuff from view, sounds like you're mainly describing the old BIOS style boot prompts. Verbose mode is probably what you are after.

computer studies
That's a lil' intentionally vague, no?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think he's looking for verbose mode. As beers has said, I think he's looking for something that was in the old OS's where it showed what was loading and drivers and stuff.

If he enables boot log on the msconfig screen, it creates a log of everything and then he can access it after system boots up.

The log will be at C:\Windows\ntbtlog.txt. You can then open it and see whats loading.

Example.

Boot-log-Windows-10.png

a.y.f

I don't think he's looking for verbose mode. As beers has said, I think he's looking for something that was in the old OS's where it showed what was loading and drivers and stuff.

If he enables boot log on the msconfig screen, it creates a log of everything and then he can access it after system boots up.

The log will be at C:\Windows\ntbtlog.txt. You can then open it and see whats loading.
what you mean its the option " boot log " i speaking on " OS boot information "
but i undersanding that the option " OS boot information " not wotking on windows since windows 2000.
I understand it right?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you follow what I posted then you'll see what it will show you. But the traditional scrolling of white text on a black screen is no longer since way back when. I remember I had to disable the OEM logo at boot to actually see it on I always used Asus motherboards back then though.