Question Nero Essentials 7 or 8 TrialWare or Not?

Bronson7

I'm searching for a DVD burner to install for my brother in his Dell pc. I spent a lot of time perusing NewEgg for the retail versions with bundled software. After reading probably 200 reviews, Many of the comments were aimed at the bundled software (Nero Essentials 8 or 7). Some of the comments said the software was trial and expired in 30 days unless it was purchased. Money's tight. He has no other burn program and needs basic functionality. I checked out IMGBurn but it doesn't support multi session burning. Are these reviews correct in that the bundled Nero sw expires in 30 days? Many reviewers don't mention it at all but I'm guessing they already have other software. I'd hate to order a retail optical drive with useless software. Any comments are most welcome. Thank you.
Bronson7

joelmagar

hmmm im not too sure about the trial thing but i do know that Nero 8 is a very good program, ive used it on a couple of dvds and they all work good

Vizy

i have nero essentials from a dvd burner i bought. It is not a trial, it is the full version.

konsole

ya all the drives I've bought that came bundled with Nero all had the full version of Nero and I think the most expensive one was about $30

Last edited:

ScOuT

VIP Member
I use Nero 7...the program came bundled with my notebook. I never installed it on my notebook but have used it for almost 3 years on my desktop. It does not have all the bells and whistles of the newest Nero programs...but it burns DVDs perfect. It has about everything a basic home user could want. I am sure you could look around and find a copy still for sale somewhere and save money over Nero 9.

copernicus

Well I had Nero 7 included when I bought my DVD writer and it expired after 30 days and I had to buy a licence off them.

linkin

VIP Member
I got Nero 8 with my sata dvd version. it was home essentials or something. it hasn't expired, been using it for months.