question

panicc

New Member
Hey there new to the forum and new to building my own pc. My friend built my last one and gave me a some new parts for me to upgrade. My previous build was an AMD machine which did everything i wanted it to do for the past 2 years. My friend gave me 3 new parts that i need which consist of the motherboard, processor, and ram. I just recently purchased a Radeon 3870 GPU and was wondering if these new parts will work well with it. He suggested a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor, and a GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard. Now i know that it is kind of an unwritten rule to keep stay true to either intel or AMD. Do you guys think that i would have to get a nivida gpu in order to benefit the most? Or is it going to be fine with a radeon gpu. Thanks.
 
There's no 'unwritten rule' that says you have to use amd with ati or nvidia with intel (fanboys aside)

You should be fine using the radeon with intel machine. I currently run an amd with nvidia and I will note that I think the quality of the nvidia cards are superior (I've used two different nvidia cards and onr ati card in this machine)
 
Back
Top