Questions about Secure Logon text?

Cameldude

Now this could be easy, or could be very hard and near impossible.

so i turned on windows secure Logon (i.e. this http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/612-secure-logon-press-ctrl-alt-delete-log.html ) but now here are my questions, and i searched online for ages and could not find anything to do with this, is it possible to change the text "Press CTRL + ALT + DEL to log on" to something else, like "Hello Noob" (just an example).
and even better would be to change the actual keys i need to press in order to bring up the log in screen where i type my password.

i appreciate any feedback, but don't ask me why i want to do this (since i know some people would be wandering why or why, i just want to, more secure!!!! thx

tremmor

im guessing its security your worried about. the best your going to do is use a good virus program looking for malicious virus etc, and general housekeeping as recommended from here in the security section. and for passwords, using a credit card is something i do and always a concern. credit cards is. always looking for https security. Really passwords is generally not an issue. I try to use strong passwords. i guess that depends on where your going on the net.

fair question though. needs to be brought up once in a while as a reminder to stay out of trouble.

Vampiric Rouge

Go in Regedit and go to :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

In there are a bunch of login options. While I didn't see anything for changing ctrl+alt+del I did see things about User agreements and such...

Cameldude

cool thank you guys!!!

i looked into the registry but i think it would be more to do with dll files, i just need to know the right one.

and to answer tremmor, yeah i am bit paranoid about security so i do have KIS (Kaspersky) and encryption. but this was sort of my extra layer, just in case, since if you change the ctrl alt del, only you would know how to unlock it, which is good.

I found some person saying that ctrl alt del is a security protocol for windows OS and cannot be changed easily

Last edited: