questions on video cards

kdfresh09

to OP. nvidia 6 series cards support 4 displays per card. just wanted you to know that amd arnt the only cards that support more than 2. any card before the nvidia 6 series will only support 2 screens. if i were you, id go with either the 7950 3 gig card, and maybe have to invest an extra $50 for dislay adapter, or go with the gtx 660ti 3gig version, as they are pretty much the same in performance, and both support 3 monitors, (4 for the 660ti). the only downside to the 660ti is the bus it runs on or the (memory bandwidth) the amd card will do a bit better when high quality settings are being used with a higher resolution. so since your wanting to use 3 screens for gaming, your resolution will increase over 1080p, and maybe then, the 7950 will be better for you. deffinatly do not get a card with 2 gigs of vram. it will be alright for now, but you will be wanting more by the end of this next year.

i think what im gonna do is run two 7950 3 gig cards. start with one and then upgrade to two. so i need a mother board that supports pci express 3.0 correct that is how that connect to mother board right?

do you think i could start gaming on my athlon x4 and upgrade later or should i plan on upgrading that processor down the road before gaming?

jonnyp11

It should game fine, it isnt too far behind the phenom x4 i use probably, and the graphics are way more important

i was looking at the mother board i bought and looks like it has pci express 2.0 x16 on there but it also has built in video. can i get the video card and use it on this motherboard? gonna do that 7950 3gb one

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the vapor-x has a boost mode or something.

850/950(Boost State) MHz

So its a little better than the other one.