TheEnglishClutch
New Member
Hey, I'm going to be buying a new PC in the next month or two and would just like a bit of help and advise from you guys please.
I currently have an iMac (Summer 2007) 2.3GHz Intel Dual Core with 2GB RAM, 512MB Graphics Card, was good back then, but very standard specs now. I do a lot of video editing in Sony Vegas (I run Boot Camp Windows XP on the mac) and I need a good spec computer to record and edit with.
I record with a Hauppauge HD PVR at 13.5MB/s and need a quick computer to edit and record with. I only need windows operating system, and would strongly prefer to stick with Windows XP (32-bit) as it has no problems, and in Windows 7 there may be a few driver support problems. (I have a Windows XP install disc, home edition)
Anyway this is the computer that I am considering buying, it seems to be everything I was (Quad Core, 4GB RAM, 1GB Video Card, 500GB or more Hard Drive)
Price wise I would like to keep it below £350 / $560
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280451935735&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
I would also like it to be upgradable in 2 or 3 years time, when quicker processors are released, would that be possible on this model.
Also I need to buy a 20 - 24 inch hd monitor for under £125 / $200 if any of you have any suggestions, but mainly I am just wondering whether this PC will suit my needs.
Thanks very much, if you need to know anything else just ask and I will reply.
-Mark.
I currently have an iMac (Summer 2007) 2.3GHz Intel Dual Core with 2GB RAM, 512MB Graphics Card, was good back then, but very standard specs now. I do a lot of video editing in Sony Vegas (I run Boot Camp Windows XP on the mac) and I need a good spec computer to record and edit with.
I record with a Hauppauge HD PVR at 13.5MB/s and need a quick computer to edit and record with. I only need windows operating system, and would strongly prefer to stick with Windows XP (32-bit) as it has no problems, and in Windows 7 there may be a few driver support problems. (I have a Windows XP install disc, home edition)
Anyway this is the computer that I am considering buying, it seems to be everything I was (Quad Core, 4GB RAM, 1GB Video Card, 500GB or more Hard Drive)
Price wise I would like to keep it below £350 / $560
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280451935735&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
I would also like it to be upgradable in 2 or 3 years time, when quicker processors are released, would that be possible on this model.
Also I need to buy a 20 - 24 inch hd monitor for under £125 / $200 if any of you have any suggestions, but mainly I am just wondering whether this PC will suit my needs.
Thanks very much, if you need to know anything else just ask and I will reply.
-Mark.