Questions

grk77536

New Member
My computer was working fine. All vga and gpu drivers installed correctly, but while I was searching through files the error blue screen popped up. Any reason why that could have happened? Also, where do I get direct X 10? Thanks for all your help.
 
you have a 4850 buddie, directx 10.1, no directx 10 for you!

download memtest and test for a few hours, if any errors pop up then post it here.
 
Oh, I failed to look at his sig! :P

Drivers are fairly new of the card, so I'd give it a little. Memtest is alright, might want to check idling temps for your card too. Might be a random defective card.
 
Right... I never thought about that. Maybe I should uninstall the nVidia physX drivers...b/c I have a new ATI card. Thnks 4 the link!
 
Right... I never thought about that. Maybe I should uninstall the nVidia physX drivers...b/c I have a new ATI card. Thnks 4 the link!

no need to download, vista and your cards drivers are all you need. but yeah, like ironed maidens said, check your cards temperatures, (i use a program called GPU-Z, works great) to make sure your card is not overheating.
 
One more thing guys. I need to inc. the gpu fan speed with riva tuner but don't know how. Sorry if I sound like a total noob. Thanks
 
open rivatuner, find where it says forceware detected, and click the little arrow on the side of that. then click the card icon that says 'system settings' and click the tab that says fan.
 
Back
Top