Shawn90

Current system
CPU-AMD 965 Black Box
Mobo-M4A78T-E
RAM 8GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600
GPU-5870HD 1024
HDD-500GB WD 7200RPM Sata3
PSU Coolmaster Silent Pro 600W

I was just wondering if it would be easy to swap out my motherboard and CPU and go Intel? Not that my system is horrible for what I need it for its just showing its age with games like Arma and any MMO. I have totally given up on AMD and I see no reason to stick with them anymore.

Thinking of going i5-3570K Ivy Bridge? (from what I read it plays games well) And can anyone recommend a stable motherboard?

Note. This will be a work in progress, I'm trying to do this on a budget right now so the old lady doesn't kill me. i know I also could use a new video card and other stuff like a case and a new HDD and SSD. My Budget isn't X amount but I would like to keep it as efficient as possible.

any tips or ideas would help also, I have been out of the loop for 2 years. I got lazy and just overpaid for crappy gaming rigs, I wanna get back to doing it myself.

jonnyp11

for the money a cooler master hyper 212 plus cooler would get you to 4Ghz or more, but the mobo is a limitation there. You could always just try to sell that whole rig off and start from scratch and do it right? Otherwise a 2500k with a gigabyte z77 motherboard would be great, the 2500k overclocks better but the 3570k is fine too.