Quick Gmail question

FXB

Is there anyway I can prevent from receiving emails during the night and I receive them the next day?

DMGrier

VIP Member
not that I know of, if I may ask why would it matter? Your still not going to see them until morning anyway.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Why? Are you getting notifications on your phone that are waking you up?

FXB

Why? Are you getting notifications on your phone that are waking you up?

exactly I know that I could just disable wifi/3g put that's a quick fix. I also have a gmail widget on my desktop that rings when I get a new email. This get's annoying at night because most of the time I fall asleep watching a movie on my desktop or something.

Quiltface

hmmmm, unless your desktop widget has a schedule on it, you could make a windows task to shut down your widget at a certain time....

Bananapie

I'm really not understanding why you would want to just postpone your emails. Why not just get rid of the widget, and turn off email notifications on your phone, and then just check your email several times a day?

Problem solved.

Other than that, I do not believe there is a way to postpone your emails until the morning, and even then, how would it know if you were sleeping or not, since you fall asleep during a movie etc. Just a hassle.