Quick! Need help!

ChrisUlrich

I was cleaning my case while the power was on... Doh!

And I broke a fan blade to my heat sink! Now it makes a lot of noise and the case vibrates SLIGHTLY but very noticable. Put my finger on the case and you can feel the vibrations. Is this bad for the PC? Should I keep it off until I replace the heatsink?

Benny Boy

Why not just go to a local shop and get another? BTW- be sure to turn it off, unplug, and discharge it this time ;)

ChrisUlrich

Why not just go to a local shop and get another? BTW- be sure to turn it off, unplug, and discharge it this time ;)

I am. I am heading to Microcenter in a little. Right now I have the Thermaltake Frio. Looking at the Frio Extreme now. Just looking to upgrade my current heatsink since I have to be in there!

StrangleHold

Staff member
You talking about your CPU fan? If so just keep a eye on yur CPU temp. My guess is with a blade missing it would kill the fans air flow.

ChrisUlrich

I did. The temp didn't change at all. And it runs so crazy cool as it is. I am more afraid of the fan noise and vibration now. Looking at the Coolermaster 812 and Frio Extreme.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Kinda weird. Looks like on AMD the Frio does better and Intel the 812 does better. Like above, both are so close it really doesnt matter.