Quick question 4 a quick answer

supernoob

Hello, judging by my handle you can tell why I am asking this.
Anyhow, do I need AGP or PCI-e video card?

Attachments

• D845GVSR_sm.jpg
    D845GVSR_sm.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 92

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
would you believe neither? that board must have onboard video, thers no AGP/PCIe16x slot, only 3 PCI

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
That's a micro-ATX mobo, and its main advantage is that it's small. So why put on it a big video card? Just use the built-in video adapter...

supernoob

hey

Hey bobo thanks for your input, but im not lookin to use the stock on board graphics. I now realize that I cant have a super cool computer, but what is my very best option then?

Bobo

banned
supernoob said:
Hey bobo thanks for your input, but im not lookin to use the stock on board graphics. I now realize that I cant have a super cool computer, but what is my very best option then?

Regular PCI vid card

None of them are very good, but here:

www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=property&DEPA=1

I would get the ATI 9200SE or the Nvidia MX4000

Very best option? imo, stay with integrated. PCI probably won't be better than that, but you might be able to find something...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
would you believe neither? that board must have onboard video, thers no AGP/PCIe16x slot, only 3 PCI
Yea.. but what mobo is it?

Well I wanted to be able to play some games on it?
Then get a real board :) Micro boards like Lorand said are designed for smaller compact and nongaming systems

but what is my very best option then?
Get a PCI video card .. .best I can think of is the GFX5500

Very best option? imo, stay with integrated. PCI probably won't be better than that, but you might be able to find something...
Opinion? yes. Best? debatable. PCI not being much better? Definitely not.

supernoob, have a look for a GeForce5500 or GeForce5200 in PCI flavor :)

Bobo

banned
Praetor said:
Get a PCI video card .. .best I can think of is the GFX5500 Opinion? yes. Best? debatable. PCI not being much better? Definitely not.

Yeah, but they are obselete, what I was saying is to stay with integrated, and not waste money on that, until you get a new mobo

Praetor said:
supernoob, have a look for a GeForce5500 or GeForce5200 in PCI flavor :)

Are those better than the ATI 9250?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but they are obselete, what I was saying is to stay with integrated, and not waste money on that, until you get a new mobo
Yes but the difference between a PCI video card and on board video is that the PCI video will let you play. Onboard wont.

supernoob

Well I need agp

Well I have decided to upgrade, after your inputs. Maybe some suggestions to my upgrading choices??
Intel Celeron D 335 2.8 GHz + ECS PT800CE-A
Supports AGP 8x....So that should save my gaming sorrows...no??

supernoob

Time 2 Upgrade the mobo/cpu, got some input? Please share...

Few of you helped me with my poor emachine 2.6cD, on solving my no AGP slot. Well after the discussion over that *ouch* its time to upgrade as I COULD USE AGP!! Anyhow I decided to go with this.......no??
Maybe some suggestions to my upgrading choices??

Bobo

banned
supernoob said:
Well I have decided to upgrade, after your inputs. Maybe some suggestions to my upgrading choices??

I don't like Celerons, but it's your computer

AGP 8x is good for anything they have out now, but PCIE is coming in, how soon AGP will be obselete, not for a while. But it depends on how long you want your comp to be current technology