Quick question 4 a quick answer

Bobo

banned
supernoob said:
Few of you helped me with my poor emachine 2.6cD, on solving my no AGP slot. Well after the discussion over that *ouch* its time to upgrade as I COULD USE AGP!! Anyhow I decided to go with this.......no??
Maybe some suggestions to my upgrading choices??
Intel Celeron D 335 2.8 GHz + ECS PT800CE-A
Supports AGP 8x....So that should save my gaming sorrows...no??

I just answered this in another thread

http://www.computerforum.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=5933

supernoob

well...I am on a budget, and I couldnt really find a better deal. Especially with 8x AGP board. Celeron D isnt the coolest but I will be suitable, I suppose. $157

Bobo

banned
supernoob said:
well...I am on a budget, and I couldnt really find a better deal. Especially with 8x AGP board. Celeron D isnt the coolest but I will be suitable, I suppose. $157

It's not bad, but not great. Yeah, PCIE cards are a bit expensive

Like I said, it's your comp, do what YOU want to do.....

Bobo

banned
supernoob said:
Well if anyone else can match the performance to price, please share. $157

Do you want Intel, or did you have that bc it was cheaper than AMD?

And are you getting just mobo/cpu?

supernoob

I gotcha, MY computer. But you see thats why I'm here...SUPERNOOB! My first new pc, after three hand-me downs. Thanks for your input.

Bobo

banned
supernoob said:
I gotcha, MY computer. But you see thats why I'm here...SUPERNOOB! My first new pc, after three hand-me downs. Thanks for your input.

You're not a noob anymore

supernoob

Well the pc is stock with intel....and the brand isnt a big deal.....BUDGET!!. But I would love to have a combo that performs, whether it be AMD or whatever, for that kind of price range.
Celeron D 335 2.8 GHz + ECS PT800CE-A $157

Bobo

banned
supernoob said:
Well the pc is stock with intel....and the brand isnt a big deal.....BUDGET!!. But I would love to have a combo that performs, whether it be AMD or whatever, for that kind of price range.
Celeron D 335 2.8 GHz + ECS PT800CE-A $157

Yeah, that is a good price. Newegg can't give me anything better, so sure, get it.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Well I have decided to upgrade, after your inputs. Maybe some suggestions to my upgrading choices??
Intel Celeron D 335 2.8 GHz + ECS PT800CE-A
Supports AGP 8x....So that should save my gaming sorrows...no??
What exactly are you asking us advice for? Mobo? CPU? Video?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Well the 6600 will stil carry the system too (naturally nowhere near as far as the 6800s) but still good for a bit :)