[Quick] Tell me what you think

Discussion in 'Desktop Computers' started by Ntronic, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Ntronic

Ntronic New Member

I have decided to purchase a new computer for gaming/photo editing software; such as Photoshop. Now I have had quite a few computers, both desktops and laptops and none of them really purposed for gaming. I know the basics and what is good and what is bad. When I came across this computer it really caught my eye and now I would like to know what everyone thinks.

- Pros & Cons?
    - Is it worth the price?
    - Why I should or should'nt buy it?

Well here it is:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...Id=abcat0501003&type=product&id=1218120178969

For those of you who do not wish to click the link I will provide the information below:

Dell - Studio XPS Desktop with Intel® Core™ i7 Processor - Black
    Price: $1,019.99 w/ free nextday garuanteed shipping.

What's Included
    Product Features

2. Fatback

Fatback VIP Member

It's crap for gaming if you add a graphics card and new power supply then it would be a pretty good computer. Like it is will perform terrible in games

3. Droogie

Droogie New Member

have you considered building your own? you'll get a much MUCH better PC, for a lot less money.

4. Stoic Sentinel

Stoic Sentinel New Member

The major PC manufacturers always tend to slim down on the PSU, as Fatback said. They supply just enough power to keep the computer barely running. ;)

*****EDIT*****
    I'd also have to agree with Droogie, and it's a lot more fun :D

5. Damorian

Damorian New Member

I second that motion.

6. daisymtc

daisymtc Active Member

Don't buy to dell.
    Build one yourself. Or try company like ibuypower/ cyberpowepc/ avadirect, etc. so you know exactly what you are going to get.