[Quick] Tell me what you think

Ntronic

I have decided to purchase a new computer for gaming/photo editing software; such as Photoshop. Now I have had quite a few computers, both desktops and laptops and none of them really purposed for gaming. I know the basics and what is good and what is bad. When I came across this computer it really caught my eye and now I would like to know what everyone thinks.

- Pros & Cons?
- Is it worth the price?
- Why I should or should'nt buy it?

Well here it is:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...Id=abcat0501003&type=product&id=1218120178969

For those of you who do not wish to click the link I will provide the information below:

Dell - Studio XPS Desktop with Intel® Core™ i7 Processor - Black
Price: $1,019.99 w/ free nextday garuanteed shipping.

What's Included
◦Dell Studio XPS Desktop with Intel® Core™ i7 Processor
◦Power cord
◦USB multimedia keyboard and Dell laser mouse
◦Software: Microsoft Works and more
◦Owner's manual
◦Windows 7 Home Premium

Product Features
◦Intel® Core™ i7-860 processor
Features 4 processing cores, 8MB cache and 2.8GHz processor speed per core.

◦Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
Increases processor speed at peak times for power when you need it most.

◦8GB DDR3 memory
For multitasking power, expandable to 16GB.

◦Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible media.

◦1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm)
Offers fast read/write times and plenty of storage.

◦NVIDIA GeForce GTS240 graphics
With 1024MB dedicated video memory for enhanced graphics performance. Integrated 7.1-channel audio support.

◦See the benefits of an NVIDIA graphics processor in your desktop.

◦Built-in digital media reader
Supports Secure Digital, miniSD, microSD, Secure Digital High Capacity, MultiMediaCard, Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard (RS-MMC), MultiMediaCard Plus, RD MultiMediaCard Plus and MultiMediaCard Micro formats.

◦Also supports Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick Micro, CompactFlash I/II, SmartMedia, xD-Picture Card and Microdrive formats.

◦IEEE 1394 (FireWire) interface and 8 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
Both front and rear accessible for fast digital data transfer and easy peripheral connectivity. eSATA interface for additional connection options.

◦Dell 1505 WLAN PCI-E card with 11n mini card and external antenna
Lets you connect to the Web wirelessly.

◦Built-in 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN
With RJ-45 connector for easy connection to the Internet.

◦Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system preinstalled
Provides a stable platform from which to launch games, programs and other applications.

Fatback

VIP Member
It's crap for gaming if you add a graphics card and new power supply then it would be a pretty good computer. Like it is will perform terrible in games

Stoic Sentinel

I have decided to purchase a new computer for gaming/photo editing software; such as Photoshop. Now I have had quite a few computers, both desktops and laptops and none of them really purposed for gaming. I know the basics and what is good and what is bad. When I came across this computer it really caught my eye and now I would like to know what everyone thinks.

- Pros & Cons?
- Is it worth the price?
- Why I should or should'nt buy it?

Well here it is:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...Id=abcat0501003&type=product&id=1218120178969

For those of you who do not wish to click the link I will provide the information below:

Dell - Studio XPS Desktop with Intel® Core™ i7 Processor - Black
Price: $1,019.99 w/ free nextday garuanteed shipping.

The major PC manufacturers always tend to slim down on the PSU, as Fatback said. They supply just enough power to keep the computer barely running. ;)

*****EDIT*****
I'd also have to agree with Droogie, and it's a lot more fun :D

daisymtc

Don't buy to dell.
Build one yourself. Or try company like ibuypower/ cyberpowepc/ avadirect, etc. so you know exactly what you are going to get.