Qx9650 comparison with other Nm cpu?

Scubie67

Hello all,
I will be building a new comp soon(will be my first time Building instead of just buying a finished) and I was wondering if price was the only reason people were waiting for the new processors to come out.I usually keep my computers for several years so I will probably want a top of the line chip or so.Can always upgrade gpu's I guess as they get better.

From the graphs I have seen the other 45nm processors stats seem the same just price is different.The Qx9650 looks very good from what I have read from people that have it.Would it be best to go ahead and plan on building a system around that chip if you want a good gaming/Multimedia Pc or is it wise to wait?

Thanks again,
Greg

Geoff

VIP Member
It would be a great chip and will last you quite a while. The QX9650 is better then the 65nm QX6850, and for the price difference I would definitely go with the QX9650.

footballdude2k3

i would advise waiting, simply because these chips are going to be the future until the 32nm processors come out in 2009 or so, but the main reason for the chips is energy consumption, they will work as fast or faster than similiar chips though, i would say wait until they come out to buy one, if you decide to go with the old ones, the price will drop a bit, and if you decide to go with the new one, you wont have to try and sell your old one, just my .02

Scubie67

[-0MEGA-];872105 said:
It would be a great chip and will last you quite a while. The QX9650 is better then the 65nm QX6850, and for the price difference I would definitely go with the QX9650.

Thx for the quick response Omega.I have been reading all the Newegg reviews for it and most people say it isa great chip ,just expensive.LOL,I guess you cant take it with you when you die so might as well have a few nice things ;)

JLV2k5

i would advise waiting, simply because these chips are going to be the future until the 32nm processors come out in 2009 or so, but the main reason for the chips is energy consumption, they will work as fast or faster than similiar chips though, i would say wait until they come out to buy one, if you decide to go with the old ones, the price will drop a bit, and if you decide to go with the new one, you wont have to try and sell your old one, just my .02

True. Less power means easier to cool and inherently, a better OCer as well. 32nm CPUs?!?!?! Send me the link man. I don't know about these.

Scubie67

Yeah it is hard to keep up with technology,I was just going to buy the higher end items for now & just add on extra ram or better video cards as they come out.The computer I have now has a pentium 4 3.06 ghz chip which was really good when i bought it in 2002.Now 5 +years later it is barely useable.

I figure its best to buy the top of the line for now and when enough years go by that it is bottom grade useable for games & such then ill get a better chipset & MB.It is too expensive to upgrade every time something a little better comes out for just 5 % or so more performance.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
[-0MEGA-];872105 said:

Agreed. There's no need to wait for the 32nm line. If you do, you'll have people telling you to wait for 11nm. :p

daisymtc

Yeah it is hard to keep up with technology,I was just going to buy the higher end items for now & just add on extra ram or better video cards as they come out.The computer I have now has a pentium 4 3.06 ghz chip which was really good when i bought it in 2002.Now 5 +years later it is barely useable.

I figure its best to buy the top of the line for now and when enough years go by that it is bottom grade useable for games & such then ill get a better chipset & MB.It is too expensive to upgrade every time something a little better comes out for just 5 % or so more performance.

I personally tends to get mid range PC ($1200-1500), then build a new one every 3-4 year.