R.I.P. Kazaa

SC7

Never touched the software in the first place, it was full of spyware and adware, can't honestly say I'll miss it.

AdmnPower

VIP Member
i could never even figure out how to use it, i thought it was supposed to be free but from what i saw it always cost money

computerhakk

VIP Member
Yeah, Kazaa hasn't really been used as much as it had before and I dont think it'll be remembered much since other softwares like Limewire, Shareaza, eMule, iMesh, etc.. still exists.

unknow user

I use an older version of Kazaa (v1.72) for that reason, then I installed a patch over it to get rid of the spyware. ;)

Its too bad that Kazaa is going to switch to selling downloads. Kazaa is, or was, one of my good file sharing programs.

SC7

I've always thought the good ones were WinMx, until it died, and then Limewire.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
4W4K3 said:
Huh, my friends all used Kazaa. I was too scared...

BitComet forever!
Exactly torrents will rule forever, P2P sucks ass, it was only good like 7 years ago....

Of course we are ALL talking about unlicensed, publically available data arent we, with no copyright infringements.... good good, nice and legal everyone....

dragon

Christian Darrall

well at least bearshare is still running, after kazaa i was so hooked on file sharing it was my only alternative, never saw one popup add, never. and didn't catch a single virus.

Exactly torrents will rule forever, P2P sucks ass, it was only good like 7 years ago....

yea until they invent something that doesn't take the ****

sup2jzgte

Christian Darrall said:
well at least bearshare is still running, after kazaa i was so hooked on file sharing it was my only alternative, never saw one popup add, never. and didn't catch a single virus.

yea until they invent something that doesn't take the ****

Bearshare is still running? THis is news to me HMMMMMMMMM

Christian Darrall

well bearsharepro and bearshare lite.

pro has become more expensive tho its know bout £48 when it was bout £28

but thats when you use their free software to your advantage.

Christian Darrall

it ruined my computer a good couple of times

that cuz you downloaded the standard bearshare, that has the "Save" spyware, you have to go to the "Program files" and then "Save" (The dir) and uninstall from there,

i mesh was good, but then went all crappy?
I think torrents are slow, is there anyway of speeding it up?

SC7

Christian Darrall said:
that cuz you downloaded the standard bearshare, that has the "Save" spyware, you have to go to the "Program files" and then "Save" (The dir) and uninstall from there,

i mesh was good, but then went all crappy?
I think torrents are slow, is there anyway of speeding it up?
Spyware doctor for me usually blocks the spyware in all kinds of installers, and if not, will remove it on a scan. Never used bearshare, didn't like the looks. Limewire has none of that, so I even bought pro.