Radeon 7730M vs GeForce GT 650M

Origin Saint

Alright, so me and my friend are both buying laptops soon and I was wondering which of our video cards were better. His laptop comes with a AMD Radeon HD 7730M, and mine comes with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M. Now as a default, I'm going to assume that his, the Radeon, would work better just because I find that AMD's video cards are generally better, but does anyone actually know? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

wolfeking

banned
hey, smile man, what do you consider great. Its a very strong GPU.

to quote NBC
NBC said:
The gaming performance of the GeForce GT 650M equipped with DDR3 graphics memory lies somewhere in the former 2011 high-end category between the GeForce GTX 460M and GTX 560M. The performance is exceptionally good in shader-heavy DirectX 11 games and benchmarks.

And definately above the HD 7730.

jonnyp11

hey, smile man, what do you consider great. Its a very strong GPU.

to quote NBC

And definately above the HD 7730.

i wouldnt say its great since no laptop graphics card can touch a desktop gpu, i mean what is the desktop equivalent gpu? prob something along the lines of a 6670 (no nvidias in that area really) or so maybe?

jonnyp11

ok so it's about a 6770 or so, prob closer to a 6750, not bad at all but wont do great at 1080p, so it's not really a great graphics card

wolfeking

banned
why are you turning it into an AMD? It is a 450, not a 6750. It will run like a 450. And it is a great card considering.

jonnyp11

it said between a 460 and 560m which you said the 460m was a 450 so it will be a little better than that which IIRC the 6700's are right above that.

wolfeking

banned
6750 should be below it and 6770 above it. Either way, it is a Nvidia card. It will perform like an Nvidia, not an AMD.