Raid 0 array failure help.

4NGU$

VIP Member
The power went down on my desktop yesterday and my raid array is no longer readable, its only a small array of 2 x 250gb Western Digital drives but i does have some files on that I need.

I have been quoted £350 + vat for the recovery by a local company. :eek: (a bit too expensive for me)

What would my best course of action be for the recovery be?
(I do have a hard disk reader available to me)

Thanks for any suggestions. :cool:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
If it can't read the RAID array, then you're screwed. If you were running RAID1 it wouldn't be an issue but if a RAID0 array fails, you lose everything.

4NGU$

VIP Member
Fun times, the guy on the phone suggested that they would image each drive and then try to combine them... They work on a if we can't recover it you don't pay model.

How can I tell if the Array has failed, could not being able to open the drive be indicative of any other issue or only an array failure

beers

Staff member
Do you see a failure on the controller side or just not able to access it in Windows

If you still have an 'ok RAID' state in the controller you might be able to do a chkdsk /r or similar.

4NGU$

VIP Member
Preparing my totally embarrassed face...

It was a loose sata cable... I'll get my coat :/

guess I just panicked as I was in the process of choosing an online back up provider when this happened. So there you have it a loose cable can present as a ****ed drive haha.

occams razor strikes again

Let the backup begin! 1 scare is enough for me.