Ram Question.

g4m3rof1337

Alright.
Sorry, I didnt want to make two separate threads.

But the main one is, whats the best Ram for my mobo, that is 1gb (2x512mb) and that will work with my current 1gb (2x512mb) setup.

I want to stay around $100. I just want to max out games like BF2 and 2142 and stuff.

Thanks.

spanky

It is always best to match the ram but I have mixed before. I would just get another stick of what you have.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
best bet is to match what you already have

No difference.... not much... unless you get DDR2 533 and DDR2 800..

You'll lose your Dual Channel Setup if you motherboard supports it. I suggest 2x 1GB dual channel kit, better... and probably better performance.

g4m3rof1337

I'll probably end up buying 2 x 512 or maybe a 1gb stick, same brand.

Will I have to do anything else when I install?

Like at the next up boot up or something.

Thanks.

littleblackxj

Just pop in the ram sticks and thats it! It requires nothing further.
How many ram slots do you have btw? I would get 2x1gb sticks and run those in dual channel along with your current 512mb sticks if you have 4 slots.

littleblackxj

Not really. It depends if you use all 3gb, but chances are, you arent. I would just go for the extra gb and get a little more bang for your buck and future proof a little bit.

g4m3rof1337

I want to add 2 x 512mb sticks, on my mobo, in the sig, can I get a link to the best priced Ram for me?

I want it to be fast, and hopefully, with this Ram, I can max BF2 no problems, cause I am getting minor lag.

Thanks.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I want it to be fast, and hopefully, with this Ram, I can max BF2 no problems, cause I am getting minor lag.

You shouldn't be though, I've got near enough the same specs, and I run it maxxed out everything with an average of 90FPS...

The Corsair XMS2 RAM is very good!

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Looks fine to me. If it's what you've already got then there's not much reason to get something else :)