ram wont fit

noob89

i got some ram out of my parents computer that broke so i tried to put it in my computer and it wont fit idk y but it just wont im pretty sure there both DDR but this one just wont fit

here they r side by side the one on bottom is the one in my computer
sidebyside.jpg

Last edited:

nffc10

Sort your handwriting out.:D Lol, joke.;)

If that stick is 184 pin DDR ram, then it wont fit into your computer mate. According to your sig, you have 240 pin DDR2.

Cleric7x9

just force it in with a hammer. if that doesnt work get some aluminum foil and wrap it around the bottom then get some paper clips and stick it in the slots on the motherboard.

ok i hope you didnt do that but if you did please send pictures. seirously though, RAM should go in easily. if it doesnt slip right in, try turning it 180 degrees. if it doesnt slip right in, then you have the wrong stuff...its that simple. thats why they have different sockets for different types. but just to make sure, try putting the known good RAM into the slot you are trying to put the new RAM into, just to make sure the slot is OK

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Neither of those are SDRAM, the keying is wrong. Juding by the size of the chips on the RAM it looks like one is DDR2, I can't tell if the key lines up exactly or not due to the angle the picture is taken from but I think the notch on the top is slightly further to the right.

The key is very close on them:
ddr2_6.jpg