Ram???

blake12345

Hey,

Now im not to crash hot with computers but im looking at putting alot more ram into my computer. I have had the computer built for me. It has an ASUS motherboard. I pulled out the ram i had in there and got the numbers of it and these are:

DDR-400 , 0101 - 06C6 , & MDADR528LA.

These numbers were all serperate and yeh the brand i think is Pqi. But anyway what im getting to is what am i looking for if im buying the ram off the net? & does all ram fit computers or what? I also saw something when i was looking about pins how do i know this? Im trying to get it as cheap as i can as im a student and havent got that much cash.

Thank for any help
Blake

Last edited:

jdbennet

do a search for "crucial memory"

they have US, UK and EU versions of thier site

on Crucial, theres a program which can scan your machine and tell you how much of what type ram you can support, whether it needs to be in pairs or not, and you can buy it from them too, or else just copy down the detasils and go elsewhere

blake12345

My computer is about 1 and a half years old. I will do that scan thing this arvo and have a look and let you know what it says. Thanks for the replys

Bill16857

There are basicly 3 kinds of RAM DDR, DDR2 and DDR3 (DDR3 being the latest) DDR is old technology so it will be a more expensive then usual, but i'm sure there is some around are u familur with UMart? and what size RAM do u want 1 stick or 2 sticks?

spamdos

i would also think whether it is worth it. what are your current computer specs and what do you want to use your comp for. a ram upgrade may not always speed things up as much as you think