Random Internet Problem

adam.johnson25

Hey I run FireFox as my main browser and it works great... most of the times. Randomly when I'm surfing I'll open a link to say hotmail or ebay or any random and completely harmless site, and the browser will think and load for a long time and then it will say the site cannot be displayed. I hit refresh a couple of times and it will go to the site as if nothing is wrong. I have fairly fast internet (4Mbps i think). Also on some sites that have little advertising boxes within the site, the boxes have a miniature "Page Cannot be Displayed" page. I have tried reinstalling firefox and it didn't fix the problem. I am running AVG and SpyBot Search and Destroy and they say I have no viruses or spyware problems so I am completely at a loss here. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Concordedly

Sounds like a connectivity issue. Have you had any problems with your ISP in the past? Usually you don't drop connections like that. When you are getting those "Cannot be displayed" do you have any notifications in the tray popping up about your internet connection? As an additional measure, I'd suggest opening a command line and type: netstat and see if you are able to receive/send incoming connections. If you can, then we might start looking at the DNS servers you're using.

Lots of things it could be. Hopefully I've given you a good start.

adam.johnson25

No I haven't had any connection issues and usually I have several tabs open and its not all of the tabs that aren't working. I have Bresnan Internet.