Random Number Generator - worst application for 20USD

Runn3r.cze

I've just read about Random Number Generator. this application only generates random numbers... nothing else... and for PRO version you must pay 20USD...
is it joke??? why should I somebody pay for this unhelpful application... something similar can i do by myself and for free...
what do you think about it???

tlarkin

VIP Member
I wrote a random number generating application on my TI-80 graphing calculator in high school. I was trying to make a dice game, but never really finished it, which is pretty much my life story.

Platinum

I made soo many random number generators back in high school using Java. It's a joke that someone would ask for money for such a garbage program, not garbage, but unnecessary program. And, it's not exactly random either, it's all based on your computers internal clock, thats how it gets random #'s, or at least thats how Java works, or so I was told back in high school =\

Platinum

I sure wouldn't, only a fool would spend money on something he can easily make. Even if you don't know Java or VB, google it. It's out there.

Draco Malfoy

Yeah, it's easy to generate pseudo-random numbers. So that's an outrageous price. But remember, don't rely on pseudo-random numbers for anything important, as they're not really random.

Pck21

Dang it I just broke down and bought the thing. Man how can you guys NOT have a random number generator? Your loss IMO...JK.

jimmymac

VIP Member
indeed, its actually been a hot debate on the generation of random numbers within the new style Section 16 fruit machines (one armed bandit) in the UK.

Many have called for more investigations to be made into the random number generations used as the systems cannot actually create totally random numbers. Its quite intruiging just how difficult it is to create a system that truly gives a random number.....

Platinum

indeed, its actually been a hot debate on the generation of random numbers within the new style Section 16 fruit machines (one armed bandit) in the UK.

Many have called for more investigations to be made into the random number generations used as the systems cannot actually create totally random numbers. Its quite intruiging just how difficult it is to create a system that truly gives a random number.....

Yeah, absolutely. When I was learning Java back in High School the first thing they told us was that they aren't actually random. I mean, you can always seed it differently to get a more "random" number, but it's still not even that random, just based on the computers internal clock... I believe, right?