<rant>Bah, I hate this laptop charger.

Egon

Ok, so I've had this Dell E1505 laptop for two years now and I've had to buy the charger three times now.. And my current one just stopped working a few hours ago. When I plug it in the green light doesn't even turn on and it emits either an angry buzzing sound or a series of beeps. It wouldn't be so bad if the danged charger wasn't 70+ bucks. It always breaks in the same spot to! Right where the cord goes into the plug that goes into the laptop. Every single one has broken right there. I'm starting to think about buying a different laptop if I have to keep buying this danged chargers. :mad:</rant>

Well now I feel a bit better.

Egon

Yeah. I know DELL is the problem... This laptop is the last thing I'm ever buying from them. Is HP still a good brand?

Egon

I just had a 20 minute chat with their tech support and a replacement is on the way. Thank god I didn't have to buy it.

PCC_Australia

DELL isnt really your problem, maybe look at the storage of your chargers, in either your laptop carry case or whichever other method of storage you use...chargers usually experience the most stress in their stored environments, in either travelling etc

Egon

I don't have a laptop case and when I travel with the charger I use the little button strap that came with it. The cord isn't bent from the outlet to the laptop at all. After having three of these things die on me I've made sure to take care of it as well as I could.