Rate my build-scale of 1-10

craneop1985

New Member
I think I did a good job of picking good components for my new build-I'd like to know what other people think-
NZXT Apollo black-$69.99 w/20 mir
AMD X2 5000+ BE 2.6ghz-81.99
Arctic Cooling Freezer 64-24.99
GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H -89.99
OCZ Platinum Revision 2 2GB DDR2-800-43.99 w/25 mir
530w Raidmax Hybrid-49.98 w/20 mir
ASUS EN9600GSO TOP/HTDP/384M GeForce 9600 GSO -109.99 w/20 mir
Seagate 250gb 16mb cache hard drive-sata-59.99
Lite-on 20x DVD burner-sata-23.99
Total cost w/0 OS(I already had win xp pro)-$554.90 before rebate---
$469.9 after rebates-thanks for you input
 
At that budget I would say find a deal on a Dell, but yeah, that's pretty good for building.

Using a Dell myself I'd say no.

Want to upgrade the case? Too bad you have BTX.
New video card? Time to get a new PSU.
Want to overclock? Oh that's right...Dell.

Trust me if you have the choice build your own.
 
At that budget I would say find a deal on a Dell, but yeah, that's pretty good for building.

Please go jump off a tall building.

As for the build you would probably be better off going Intel. I also have heard that the 9 series of nVidia aren't as good as the 8 series.

8/10
 
7/10
with that budget, it is alright.
However, I will choose intel set-up instead (E2200 + Actric Silver Freezer 7 Pro + GA-EP43-DS3L)

Also, I am not sure about the PSU you've chosen...
 
7/10. OK build in that budget area. Raidmax isn't really known for its quality on PSUs. Get a Corsair, OCZ, or any other quality PSU.
 
One of the main reasons for picking the Gigabyte motherboard was that it has firewire connectors for the firewire port on the front of my Apollo case-and hdmi onboard also
 
Back
Top