Rate this build.. Probably purchasing tonight

OmniDyne

Are you just gaming? If you don't need PCIe NVMe then I'd opt for the 1TB Crucial MX500 that's sitting at $99. I'd also spend the few extra dollars and go with a Western Digital hard disk over the Seagate. Just curious, why do you want 32GB of RAM?

Last edited:
Are you just gaming? If you don't need PCIe NVMe then I'd opt for the 1TB Crucial MX500 that's sitting at $99. I'd also spend the few extra dollars and go with a Western Digital hard disk over the Seagate. Just curious, why do you want 32GB of RAM?
I'll be doing a lot of gaming and doing school work on this machine. I figured why not on the 32GB of ram.. I'm guessing that is a little overkill?? I'll look into the suggestions on the Crucial MX500

OmniDyne

I'll be doing a lot of gaming and doing school work on this machine. I figured why not on the 32GB of ram.. I'm guessing that is a little overkill?? I'll look into the suggestions on the Crucial MX500

If you're just gaming, the MX500 is more than adequate; there are plenty of reviews online of the drive if you'd like to research on it. 32 gigs of RAM is definitely not necessary; could use that $90 on something else for sure.

If you're just gaming, the MX500 is more than adequate; there are plenty of reviews online of the drive if you'd like to research on it. 32 gigs of RAM is definitely not necessary; could use that $90 on something else for sure.
True.. I could always add more Ram in the future if I needed it.. Maybe I can swap out the 2TB Seagate HD for that 1TB crucial SSD as a secondary HD.. I prob dont need 2TB's anyways. I rather keep the 500GB M.2 drive for my operating system and games.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Bxdt9G

Updated parts list.. I have a 2TB hard drive in my old machine which I am currently on as a secondary drive. Ill prob take that out and throw that in my new machine for extra storage just in case

OmniDyne

True.. I could always add more Ram in the future if I needed it..

Absolutely.

Maybe I can swap out the 2TB Seagate HD for that 1TB crucial SSD as a secondary HD.. I prob dont need 2TB's anyways.

You do what you feel is best, but 1TB is really hardly enough anymore for game storage. You'll eat through it quite quickly.

I rather keep the 500GB M.2 drive for my operating system and games.

If that's what you want, but I'm just suggesting it's not necessary and kind of a waste of money. For your usage, you'd notice no difference between the 970 Evo and the MX500; the 500GB Evo is almost as much as the 1TB MX500.