Razer Black Widow + Tea = Not good :D

magn3z

Well, im on my laptop now as i spilt some tea over my keyboard, this happened before but it the keybord functioned normally. Really, NOTHING. But now, the keyboard seems to be kinda stuck. It keeps on pressing CTRL or space by itself. Im thinkin, its ptobably dead, but what if not? Any way to reapair it? Also, if it IS dead, what keyboard can I buy? Up to £20

Thanks guys :good:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Is this a laptop? Or is it a desktop? If it's a laptop you can just go on eBay and buy a replacement keyboard for anywhere from $15-$30. Just be sure to pull up the old keyboard first and see if it seeped onto the mobo. If it did then it might be a lost cause.

ScottALot

Try popping off the keys and wiping down the keys affected... that is, if the keyboard has good quality. You might even be able to just wipe them down with water, as the water will just evaporate.

magn3z

Its a dessktop, im on my laptop because keyboard doesent work, and i cant use my comp.
Scott, im gonna try that when i come back, also, the tea was with HONEY so its kinda sticky :p Yesterday, i took of the keys themselfs and tried wiping around, bit I think its something INSIDE the keyboard thats broken.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I've heard plenty of putting keyboards in the dishwasher....don't know if I'd actually do it myself or not though.