Razer Blade Stealth Questions.

LukeL98

So, for Christmas I received a Razer Blade Stealth. I knew it would be great, and it really is, 4K display, 16GBs of RAM. I was really excited, but kind of let down when I downloaded one of the games I had been planning to play on it, and I could barely run the game. I later found out that the stealth ran on an Intel HD 620, which is very very weak. I learned that I could add RAM and vRAM to it, and though that since I had 16GBs of RAM, I could add about 1200MBs to it. Since almost every computer varies, I would like to know if it is possible to configure on this laptop. I would also like to know if there is a way to really boost my laptop (I've already done a lot of manual things and optimization to make it faster) without having to spend hundreds on an eGPU and a graphics card, or risking my laptop with overclocking.

Edit: I have 300$ to spare so if theirs any cheap way to boost it, I'll be glad to.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Intel_man

VIP Member
More ram's not going to help you much on this end. The whole idea with the Razer Blade Stealth is the portability of an ultrabook but you can then hook it up to an eGPU system like the Razer Core (or others) and you can play games on it when you're at home, or at a place where you can setup the eGPU.

AdmnPower

VIP Member
Yep, unfortunately Intel_man is right, the whole idea of that laptop is portability for every day use with the ability to "dock" and play some games. Really, until the cost comes down, it's not that much cheaper to go this route over having a separate desktop computer for gaming and an ultrabook for portable computing.

Laquer Head

As mentioned, as external solution such as the Core V2 from Razer would be ideal - however its like $499 usd and thats not even counting a decent GPU to go in it.

Intel_man

VIP Member
An external GPU isn't worth it. The bandwidth hinders performance.
Considering the Razer Stealth is iGPU, an eGPU isn't a bad purchase. Like we're still talking about getting ~80fps (max settings) in most games at 1080p with a GTX 1080 in the eGPU enclosure.
As mentioned, as external solution such as the Core V2 from Razer would be ideal - however its like $499 usd and thats not even counting a decent GPU to go in it.
Gigabyte's Aorus line has a GTX1080 box for 699 and the GTX1070 box for 569. Which isn't bad.