Razer man o war / logitech g935/Astro A40? Looking for wireless headset for gaming on PC.

So I am a big fan of virtual surround. I know that a dedicated pair of headphones would sound way better but I honestly want a gaming headset. It has to be wireless also.
I was looking at the Corsair VOID elite but read reviews saying the Logitech G935 sounds better all around. Has anyone had experience with any of these headsets? Really leaning towards the Logitech G935 at this point. I know the Razer man o war is an older set but they do have a newer version of it. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. My max budget is $150 (US)

beers

Staff member
I have a Nari, would recommend, although they go on sale for $80ish on occasion.

beers

Staff member
More comfy and better than the G930, although I had used my G930 for like 8 years lol.

Otherwise was pretty out of the headset game sadly.

More comfy and better than the G930, although I had used my G930 for like 8 years lol.

Otherwise was pretty out of the headset game sadly.
Really? Awesome. Definitely considering the nari now. Thanks for the suggestion. Taking a trip for a week but I'll be making a decision when I get back home

Late reply but here is an update in case someone comes across the web with similar questions. I bought several headsets to test since I made this post. This are the following headsets I tried and my opinion on them.

Logitech G935: Sound quality good, but too much bass makes other sounds a bit muddy but overall pretty decent for a wireless headset. Microphone was decent on this one as well. Surround was not the best due to the high bass. On the negative I need sidetone on my headset and the G935 sidetone is barely audible if at all. Also clamping force was a bit tight wearing glasses so I returned them

Logitech G430: Very open sounding headset, very good positional audio, low bass, clear sound but for the $25 price used cannot complain. Microphone is great! very loud. Side tone also works great and is very loud. They also feel comfortable for what they are worth. I am keeping this one all though its not wireless as my secondary headset. These have some of the best 7.1 positional audio from the bunch I tested.

Logitech G533: The worst out of all the headsets I tried. Sound is tiny, microphone is terrible, even after doing a few tweaks I found online it didn't have much improvement in sound and microphone. Sidetone is also very low. Surround was pretty bad as well. Definitely returned it!

HyperX Cloud II: Sound great! good balance with highs and bass, a bit open and neutral in sound but overall pretty good. Good surround as well. Microphone is decent as well. But it has No side tone at all I couldn't tell how loud I was talking when in game. Very comfortable for sure! All though overall very well rounded headset I just sold them.

Corsair VOID Elite wireless: Sound was mediocre, it sounds similar to the Logitech G533 but a little better. I guess for someone who gets this as their first headset they would be happy for what it is. They do feel kinda awkward duo to their design which I didn't like a whole lot because sound leaks from the bottom of the earcup. 7.1 (Positional audio) was not good at all. Microphone was kinda quiet but passable and the sidetone was very low. Decided not to keep this set and returned them.

Razer Man O' War: These are amazing. The best out of the bunch, they will rumble your ear drums, mic is very loud and side tone works great! I had a friend tell me to turn my mic volume down on Rust because he could hear me across from outpost. battery life is pretty good as well. Only down sound is that 7.1 surround (Positional audio) is not the best. But so happy with this headset, it honestly sounds way better than the rest in my opinion. Also very comfortable! I decided to keep this one Love it! just wish 7.1 sounded better even after tweaking the settings.

I am not good at making reviews but this is my opinion from all the headsets I tried. Maybe someone comes across this post later on in the future and it helps in some way.

I am considering the Astro a40 tr with mixamp in the near future for the great positional audio I read a lot about on reviews just hope sound quality isn't sub par compared to the Man O War.

Last edited: