RCA to RGB cable?

claptonman

My newish TV does not have the yellow RCA cable, and I'm trying to play an N64 on it. Do they make RCA to RGB component cables/converters?

And I know the picture quality won't increase, I just want it to work on RGB.

llevvi

I can't understand why your TV hasn't RCA input but has a VGA input :S
Well, I believe there is RCA/VGA converter, but it should be hard to to find...

wolfeking

banned
are you talking RGB like the RCA-HD or like VGA? If VGA, then there are adapters that are meant to take a graphics card and make it RCA to show on TV, so I do not see why it would not work the other way round. If talking component HD, then I think your pretty much SOL, as I have never seen one. Probably rare if they do make them.

claptonman

I'm talking about component:

av_rca3e.jpg

TV has these, not RCA. Has the red and white ones for audio, but no yellow for video. Has an orange one that says "coaxial" but nothing else.

wolfeking

banned
That appears to be component HD. Might be worth a try, but have you tried the yellow RCA connector in the orange coax port? Might not work, but can't hurt to try.

llevvi

Well, what's happen when you plug the yellow connector in the orange input of your TV??

Have your TV other video inputs??

claptonman

But, you haven't said there is an orange input? I'm understand nothing now.:confused:

There is an orange input, but I don't know what that's for. See those wires I posted a picture? The yellow video cable works in the green input, so I'm good now.