re-installing window XP

Zatharus

VIP Member
I will do that all your suggestions but I had another issued again every time I click yahoo.com or anything in the site error and it will closed the website I'm on ? what 's the problem with that?

Quite possibly a virus/malware on your system. Please follow this. You may also wish to start this problem up as a new thread in the Computer Security section.

Bodaggit23

Quite possibly a virus/malware on your system. Please follow this. You may also wish to start this problem up as a new thread in the Computer Security section.

He's just finally got his OS reinstalled, and now this.

Do you have any Antivirus protection?

Is it possible someone has his IP and has found an open port and they
keep messing with him? After a fresh install, there should be no malware
unless you've gone browsing with no Antivirus installed.

Zatharus

VIP Member
He's just finally got his OS reinstalled, and now this.

Do you have any Antivirus protection?

Is it possible someone has his IP and has found an open port and they
keep messing with him? After a fresh install, there should be no malware
unless you've gone browsing with no Antivirus installed.

From the way it was worded, it sounds like this is on a different system.

lulumara

I just fresh installed the OS and I got OneCare antivirus -updated , as of now I updated all my microsoft updates and installed the DELL driver that you told me to go to makers of my computer. It takes whole day to update and installed the driver and other software I used. I hope it will not close when going to other site? It's the same system I'm using. As of now blue screen doesn't show off I hope not? I did download also the Malwarebytes I know you told me last time that software is good to eradicate the malware so I doing it also. Thanks a lot again.

Last edited:

Zatharus

VIP Member
I just fresh installed the OS and I got OneCare antivirus -updated , as of now I updated all my microsoft updates and installed the DELL driver that you told me to go to makers of my computer. It takes whole day to update and installed the driver and other software I used. I hope it will not close when going to other site? It's the same system I'm using. As of now blue screen doesn't show off I hope not? I did download also the Malwarebytes I know you told me last time that software is good to eradicate the malware so I doing it also. Thanks a lot again.

Oh! You got me there... ;)

Glad to hear you are up and running.

Did Malwarebytes find anything? I can't think of any reason for Internet Explorer to crash out like that just going to Yahoo. Which version of IE are your running now? Grab Firefox if you keep having those issues.

Bodaggit23

Last edited:

lulumara

I'm still in imbo I got three times in a row of blue screen I just got it tonight I can't even check where to disable the bios memory such as caching or shadowing. i still need your help?? I read that you can download the SP1,SP2 and SP3 then put in your stick drive how can you do that because microsoft collect information in your computer to check your validity of OS then when you download it doesn't say to save it first right away it will download it and install it. Give me some idea please to save first before installtion. About malware no nada at all when I run the malwarebytes program. And about internet Explorer I used Version 7 now it's ok running smoothly but when I almost going to put the computer to off it appeared the blue screen of death? I got three browser - explorer 7 , Opera the fastest, Firefox.

Last edited:

Bodaggit23

I'm still in imbo I got three times in a row of blue screen I just got it tonight I can't even check where to disable the bios memory such as caching or shadowing.
Are you still getting the same blue screen? Which other ones are you getting?

how can you do that because microsoft collect
information in your computer to check your validity of OS then when you
download it doesn't say to save it first right away it will download it and install it.
I don't understand this. I posted a direct link the the stand alone Service
Pack 3. You download it and install it. Don't worry about getting updated
straight away, you can do that after you install your drivers.
What do you mean "validity of OS"? You do have a legitimate copy of Windows right?

Did you install your motherboard drivers?

Last edited:

Zatharus

VIP Member
You can grab Service Pack 3 from here. You do not need the other two. Proceed directly to Service Pack 3.

Click the download link and save it to your drive. Then, run the installer on your troubled machine. Follow the on screen prompts. It will take a while.

Zatharus

VIP Member
...I don't understand this. I posted a direct link the the stand alone Service
Pack 3. You download it and install it. Don't worry about getting updated
straight away, you can do that after you install your drivers...

Try the EXE in the link I provided. It is much simpler to use than mounting or burning the disk image.

Agreed - make sure all your drivers are installed!

What do you mean "validity of OS"? You do have a legitimate copy of Windows right? ...
I was wondering the same thing, but I think this is referring to going through Windows Update.

Last edited:

Bodaggit23

You don't need to mount or burn the ISO, it
was just an example. I've never burned it myself,
I just have the files on my USB drive.

You can just extract it and run the .exe, but
anyway,

What is this? Is it the service pack? It reads like
it's something else.
Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers

Zatharus

VIP Member
You don't need to mount or burn the ISO, it
was just an example. I've never burned it myself,
I just have the files on my USB drive.

You can just extract it and run the .exe, but
anyway,

What is this? Is it the service pack? It reads like
it's something else.

The link I provided is for the executable of the SP3 installer. It is a standalone installer. This is the real Service Pack 3. There is nothing different about it except for the package it comes in.

Download - Double click to install. Simple.

Bodaggit23

You may want to check your link. It goes to the one I stated and explains:
Brief Description
This installation package is intended for IT professionals and developers downloading and installing on multiple computers on a network. If you're updating just one computer, please visit Windows Update at http://update.microsoft.com .

Am I just confused or tired? Both are possible. :eek:

Zatharus

VIP Member
I am quite familiar with that link. That is one reason I provided it. ;)

The update provided through Windows Update is tailored more to that distribution method. The downloadable executable in the link I provided is a bit larger than what you would get through Windows Update as it carries ALL the updates prior to SP3. You can use the executable on just one computer. There is nothing wrong with doing so. Microsoft would just rather that the public not waste their bandwidth by downloading more than they need. This package is a great way to quickly update an original copy of XP.

Yes, I know there is a link on that page to the ISO as well. The EXE is easier to run, hence why I offered it. Both are usable and offer the same update.