REALLY cool OLED keyboard

Bobo

banned
I just read about this keyboard in Popular Science, and I want it.:eek: It is just majorly cool. How can mini OLED screens in the keys not be great? :)

keyb_002.jpg

keyb_001.jpg

(if this is a duplicate thread, please delete it)

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
yeah i saw that one a little while ago, i dont know if its only a concept at this time but i would definately be interested in that keyboard, i didn't read the full article but it would be cool if the keys were backlit too

spacedude89

its a concept design from a company that pretty much make 3d renderings, {thats what that is} but it has cause so many people to go wow, i bet logitec or microsoft is making one now.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
yah, its just all keys in lines, no curnd layout or split keyboard. The WOW factor is in its functionality, i mean a keyboard with screens as keys doenst come around every day.

Geoff

VIP Member
Hairy_Lee said:
i think geoff is referring to the ergonomics of it rather than how nice it looks
Ya, i think that the buttons looks awesome, but i dont like the way that its put together.

Mr.Suave

thats soo tight..i want one!!! its kool how you can change the way each key looks...no more memorizing wat key do what!!!

Bobo

banned
Dngrsone said:
Cool factor-- through the roof. Practicality-- nearly non-existant.

Agreed on the first half, disagreed on the second half. For regular computer users (business, etc) there is no point. But for computer enthusiasts or gamers, there is potential. Or for people in other countries who want to type in both English and their native language. I see slight potential for it, just nothing really big. That doesn't mean we shouldn't buy it just cause it looks cool, though :D

JFlo

i think it would be cool if all the keys would light up instead of just those shown. It would make it a lot easier for ppl (like my dad) that dont know how to type, type easier in the dark. Instead of them having to have a light on. The lights can havea switch to turn on and off =P.

Modoman

saw that a while back... i think they are planning to execute the idea sometime this coming year... if they do, expect a HUGE price tag... especially for just a keyboard

Bobo

banned
JFlo said:
i think it would be cool if all the keys would light up instead of just those shown. It would make it a lot easier for ppl (like my dad) that dont know how to type, type easier in the dark. Instead of them having to have a light on. The lights can havea switch to turn on and off =P.

They all do

keyb_003.jpg

and everything is totally customizable

eng.jpg

rus.jpg

psd.jpg

qua.jpg

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
i was just thinking, what happens if you type a lot, after a few months, those screens are gonna look like complete crap, if you keep tapping one spot in your LCD monitor, look what happens to it. how are they gonna stop ware and tear on such a fragil puece of kit.

Bobo

banned
dragon2309 said:
i was just thinking, what happens if you type a lot, after a few months, those screens are gonna look like complete crap, if you keep tapping one spot in your LCD monitor, look what happens to it. how are they gonna stop ware and tear on such a fragil puece of kit.

If you look closely you can see that the screens are under a clear piece of plastic

And I really don't like the configuration of the enter key, haveing it way out there with other keys in between would confuse me for a while and it would be really hard to reach